Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
An interesting article here about what can happen if you have too many Addons installed in Kodi.

https://www.tvaddons.ag/less-more-kodi/

This could apply to anyone who uses a wizard to install Addons. And of course, for those who run both Android and Openelec, the effect is doubled.
Running wizards and builds is useful for inexperienced users. My advice is, once you get familiar with Kodi, to choose your top ten favourite Addons and install only them.
Tvaddons recommend regular maintenance, clearing cache, packages, thumbnails etc, something you'll see advocated here frequently. They have their own maintenance tool which is good. See also the xunity tool and the maintenance section within Ares, which do similar things.

busapaul

Jan 13, 2016
Yes good article, I normally use a wizard then uninstall all the addons I don't want or use.

I'll then add any that I want that ain't in the wizard, and I run the maintenance tool daily as it only takes seconds to do.

finty

Apr 25, 2016
Thanks for the link. Like busapaul I uninstall addons I wouldn't use, I hate clutter. Get told off for exercising my 'housekeeping' skills when I use hubby's Mac :p

27mark

Aug 10, 2015
ive found there are so many addons that come and go, the only way i found to keep up with them is run wookie wizard and delete the ones i dont use

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Thats the beauty of running just 10 or so mark. Maintenance is a doddle. If a really good new one comes along i just delete one of the 10 that i rarely use.

27mark

Aug 10, 2015
i have noticed latley wookie is half the size it used to be, there also wookie lite thats quite small