Cmills

Aug 15, 2021
Hi,

I have the MXQ pro 4K 5G Android box. At first the box was working fine on my TV but since using it on the upstairs TV it now gives no display on the original TV.

We have a wall mounted TV which uses two HDMI cables with a connector and my PS4 is connected via this & works fine. When I take the HDMI cable out the PS4 and put into the Android box, there’s suddenly no display.

Strangely, when I avoid this setup and connect the HDMI cable directly from the TV into the Android box, it works fine, however the box is hanging down so isn’t a great fix.

I’ve tried adjusting the resolution but this doesn’t fix the issue. I can’t imagine the issue is the HDMI cables with the PS4 & BT TV working on this set up. Does anybody have any idea of a fix please?

Thanks

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Since the android box works ok when directly connected then everything points to an issue with the connector
Maybe direct connection is the solution but try a longer hdmi cable to avoid the hanging box issue.
Btw do you mean hdmi splitter not a connector?

Cmills

Aug 15, 2021
Since the android box works ok when directly connected then everything points to an issue with the connector
Maybe direct connection is the solution but try a longer hdmi cable to avoid the hanging box issue.
Btw do you mean hdmi splitter not a connector?
Thanks for your reply. I believe it’s a connector as it connects two HDMI cables together but it’s very possible I’m wrong!

CourtneyOlson

Mar 10, 2023
Your problem may be related to the way your devices connect. When you connect your Android MXQ Pro 4K 5G box via an HDMI cable with a connector to a wall TV, compatibility issues between devices may occur. You should try using a different HDMI cable to see if that resolves the issue.

Another note is to check the resolution of your Android MXQ Pro 4K 5G box. If the resolution of the box is higher than the resolution of the TV, it may cause the problem of not displaying the picture. It is recommended to adjust the resolution of the Android MXQ Pro 4K 5G box to match the resolution of your TV. Usually newer TVs support 4K resolution, so you can try increasing the box's resolution to see if that helps.
If the above solutions do not solve your problem, you can try to connect the Android MXQ Pro 4K 5G box directly to the TV instead of connecting it through the HDMI cable to the connector. You can use a long HDMI cable to connect two devices without using a connector.