Carrie

Feb 10, 2017
My Android Box was working yesterday before I was walked through connecting a router to my modem. The Android Box is plugged directly into the router but I can only watch movies when connected via Wi-Fi. Prior to this change I was able to stream sports, the box would occasionally shut off but it worked, now I can not stream sports. I have gone through all the settings, set up the static IP and still nothing. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Carrie

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Which Droidbox model do you have?
Are you saying you cannot connect to the Internet at all or just Kodi streaming sites?

8bitDev

Jul 2, 2015
My Android Box was working yesterday before I was walked through connecting a router to my modem. The Android Box is plugged directly into the router but I can only watch movies when connected via Wi-Fi. Prior to this change I was able to stream sports, the box would occasionally shut off but it worked, now I can not stream sports. I have gone through all the settings, set up the static IP and still nothing. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Carrie
Hi

If you connected your box to ethernet it should work without any problems .Can you please see if your WiFi is connected to the router,or through the modem?

Take a note that only one can work at a time(ethernet or wifi).

Regards

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
If you're using a router and your original modem, check if clashing with both are trying to run a DHCP server, consider switching from DHCP to static IP addresses. If you mix them on same network, make sure DHCP pool is set in a range not used for the static IPs. Make sure the correct gateway is set, and that you've not got an unusual netmask set. Gateway I'd check first, then DHCP. Pop in the make and model of router and modem to a Google search if you're not sure how to check current settings.