alibongo

Mar 24, 2017
I have a Samsung TV and soundbar linked via HDMI (ARC) which works great, I can switch on/off & change volume with the TV remote. But, as soon as I connect the iMXQpro V2 using HDMI it all goes out the window, the soundbar will not connect to the TV. I have tried different cables & sockets, switched off CEC control on the Droidbox but no help.
The only current solution is to either unplug the HDMI or power cable from the Droidbox and everything returns back to normal. Any idea's ?
Cheers.

Fritz-69

May 28, 2016
I'm using a soundbar that works fine with my T8-S, T8-S Plus Ver 2 & any connected device (Blue-ray Player Virgin Media Box etc).

Iv'e connected it via the audio in from the soundbar, into the Headphone socket on the TV & disabled sound from the TV Speaker so it go's straight to the headphone socket.

I have to use the soundbar remote control, but it works fine with everything.

alibongo

Mar 24, 2017
Hi Fritz, thanks for the reply. The remote for my PVR switches on everything with one press of the power button. I can change channel, volume etc with this remote & then switch off again with one press! My old M8S box never gave me any problems so was hoping this new box would be the same. I guess I will continue to unplug the Droidbox.
Much Appreciated.

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Using a soundbar connected to a Panasonic tv HDMI arc and Droidbox (t8 mini) on HDMI 2. All works fine. What happens if you plug another device into the HDMI slot used by the Droidbox e.g. A dvd player?

alibongo

Mar 24, 2017
The MXQPro V2 replaced a M8S on the same HDMI port & caused no problems. The CEC control in the settings on the Droidbox does not seem to have any effect, could it be a software or hardware issue?

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
I did some googling on "android box disables arc HDMI" and got a lot of hits.
No real solutions proposed although in this thread relating to a box supplied by vidon they suggest using a "Cec less HDMI cable (with pin 13 missing).
You could also try using an optical link (one of my older TVs does not have arc so I have to use optical to connect to that soundbar).
http://forum.vidon.me/index.php?/topic/1035-cec-problems-with-vidon-box-in-the-hdmi-chain/
I would suggest you repeat the above Google search and see if it comes up with anything interesting. There may be something to adjust on the tv. Also maybe the order you boot up the devices (sometimes I find the arc connection drops if the Droidbox is switched on and booted up whilst the tv remains in standby).

alibongo

Mar 24, 2017
Hello Nigelar, I also found topics which mentioned the 'CEC less cable adaptor'. I did not want to purchase one unless I have to, but it looks as if it is heading that way. I have considered the Optical link route but again I will loose the switching on/off of the soundbar from the PVR remote.

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Use optical on the t8 mini with the non arc tv and when i switch the tv off with remote it automatically shuts down the soundbar (it also has a hdmi connection as the dvd passes through the soundbar to the tv).try it.

alibongo

Mar 24, 2017
Tried the optical & it works pretty well, only the sound bar waits 20 minutes to switch its self off after not receiving any signal.
So, bought a CEC Less HDMI Adapter and now all works as it should so the implementation of CEC on the Droidbox is at fault. Maybe Droidbox company could look at a fix?
Thanks for your help.
Much appreciated.