George1975

Dec 28, 2015
Hello I have a problem with my Mxq 850, it is new and during installation of apps I received a message to reboot the box to avoid a system problem. after confirming reboot the box was frozen and I had to make hard reset using stick. The reset screen appeared but the remote is not working and I cannot choose the operation to finalize reset. (Remote and batarries are OK). Please help me with this problem.

8bitDev

Jul 2, 2015
Hello I have a problem with my Mxq 850, it is new and during installation of apps I received a message to reboot the box to avoid a system problem. after confirming reboot the box was frozen and I had to make hard reset using stick. The reset screen appeared but the remote is not working and I cannot choose the operation to finalize reset. (Remote and batarries are OK). Please help me with this problem.
Hi

Please use original remote during the recovery menu procedure.

Also you can try to hook up physical devices such as computer mouse or keyboard.

Regards

George1975

Dec 28, 2015
Thank you. But I have used the original temote but it does not work. The remote has no sence during the reset procedure. Remote is new and it worked normally before reset. Can it be some system problem ?

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Is this a box you purchased from DroidBOX?
If you have any USB dongles inserted in your device, remove them and try the factory reset again, I've had luck with a simple USB keyboard previously, if the remote wasn't working.