NikoB

Jan 16, 2016
Movie HD will not play video on this box. The app runs but I get "can't play this video" on all films. Runs on my T8-S plus fine. This box is a serious disappointment..

I also get an error when searching for update.. Error fetching update info..

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
1. Have you installed vplayer?
2. Is that all the message says? There is usually more like "invalid rom" or "peer certificate error" or suchlike. It could also be your box is up to date - is an ota update advertised? There's a few more things you can try - lets see your reply to the above first.

NikoB

Jan 16, 2016
Hi Nige, yeah invalid ROM ID. But just realised the box hasn't been out long.. So probably no update. More concerned I can't get movie HD to run to be honest. Yes. Vplayer installed. Everything is as normal until you select your server, then press play. Then "Can't play this video". Tried reset, uninstall, clear data. Nothing works. Plug the t8-s plus back in, boom plays straight away (as well as my Chinese box). can't understand it..

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Make sure you have the latest version of movie hd installed. I find the rawapk site is pretty good. I have seen some errors recently with older versions running on my box. Uninstall current version and redownload from the above source. From my experience it is unlikely to be a problem with the box.
If you like, state the movie/show you were trying to view and the resolution/source you were getting it from (from the pop up box that appears after clicking on the show). I can test and see if it is a server error or maybe a filetype that android cannot cope with or whatever.

NikoB

Jan 16, 2016
Thanks for helping, tried what you said and it still won't have it. I have another box, T8-S plus, and everything works fine on that. NONE of the videos stream on the T2 no matter what source you pick. Showbox is fine however and one called megabox is fine. Work that one out. Its seems like a problem with network, but with everything else working, god knows. I've already packed it back in its box..

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
If all other apps are working then i can guarantee it is an issue with the app not the box. I have seen this issue on other boxes i have done installations on. Quite often it fixes itself. So wait and try again tomorrow.
It would help of you could quote one of your failing shows.

8bitDev

Jul 2, 2015
Movie HD will not play video on this box. The app runs but I get "can't play this video" on all films. Runs on my T8-S plus fine. This box is a serious disappointment..

I also get an error when searching for update.. Error fetching update info..
Hi

If there is error inside the OTA updater app this usually means that box is already up to date.

Regarding the specific app not working that is running fine on another box,can you check the app version and cross compare with the current one that you are using on the box at the moment?

If it is not the same try downloading/installing the one that does work and cross compare if it works the same with the other box or still fails to work and let us know so we could assist you further.

Regards and have a nice day ;)

NikoB

Jan 16, 2016
Thanks for the efforts guys. I am on BT but not using homehub and have no problems using the app on my T8-S plus as mentioned above. Using the same version of app on both box. Still doesn't work on T2.

I've tried clearing data, cache. Uninstall, re-install etc. The app runs, you can see all the tiles for the films, you can select which source, hit play then "can't play video". I've tried opening the stream with other players with same result. Seems like the T2 can't connect to the stream source.. but the T8-S can