Cwoac

Dec 20, 2017
So, just acquired one of the mini boxes, have logged into the Google store to set up the various streaming apps I intend to use, and most* are coming up as not supported on the device. Is there a different store or setting or something I should use?

*Spotify yes, but Netflix and Amazon both no so far.

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
There are of course many "unofficial" alternatives both android apps and within Kodi.

horvak

Sep 21, 2014
So, just acquired one of the mini boxes, have logged into the Google store to set up the various streaming apps I intend to use, and most* are coming up as not supported on the device. Is there a different store or setting or something I should use?

*Spotify yes, but Netflix and Amazon both no so far.
I'm very disappointed load of garbage so far

horvak

Sep 21, 2014
In addition a lot of the media apps BBC, Netflix etc are difficult to use with the remote and you have switch between modes with the mouse...Is there an alternative OS Android TV perhaps?

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
"load of garbage"?
I don't think so.
The remote supplied with nearly all android boxes is very basic.
You should investigate the air mouse type remotes - have a look at the droidbox accessories page.
They work perfectly with apps like iPlayer,kodi etc and I have used them extensively over the past 3 years.
I do not understand why you think an "alternative OS android TV" whatever that is, would make any difference.

horvak

Sep 21, 2014
"load of garbage"?
I don't think so.
The remote supplied with nearly all android boxes is very basic.
You should investigate the air mouse type remotes - have a look at the droidbox accessories page.
They work perfectly with apps like iPlayer,kodi etc and I have used them extensively over the past 3 years.
I do not understand why you think an "alternative OS android TV" whatever that is, would make any difference.
I swapped out the remote for an air mouse and that has improved the usuability but for a better Android TV experience check out the Nvidia Shield TV it's my main device and superB and easier to use

Cwoac

Dec 20, 2017
So as an update, it took a couple of reboots (for unknown reasons), but I've got netflix working after an update from the droidbox marketplace version. Amazon is _installed_, but I've not had a chance to actually test playback.

SantiagoMack

Mar 9, 2021
You can fix this problem by installing netflix apk techbigs which will support all you need.

Last edited:

BenDroiX

Staff member
Jun 19, 2019
This issue's likely due to the devices being uncertified. Most android devices are not certified and those that are will likely charge a premium because of it.

If it won't run straight off the Play Store, you can attempt to side-load an older .apk from a file archiving side like APKMirror or something.

stairtherefore

Dec 8, 2021
Vizio P65-F1, Movies like Star Trek the newer ones. The series Lost in Space
Blue lines, flashes it is really bad. google account manager 8.0 Is that some setting on the TV or what.
I done all the updates..Also does it on Hulu and Prime

Last edited:

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Are you running native apps on your television? In which case you should contact your TV manufacturers support team. If you are running on an android box like those supplied by Droix my first action would be to check the hdmi connections, change cables if necessary or try different HDMI ports.

BenDroiX

Staff member
Jun 19, 2019
Blue lines sounds like it might be issues with the HDMI output if it occurs on everything. Not just IPTV streaming apps, but regular web browsing too.
Definitely try different cables and ports if possible.