Fritz-69

May 28, 2016
Ive just received the T11 win10 mini PC last week, and wont to know if i can reinstall / Transfer the OS to my 1tb Hard Drive ive installed.

I already am running out of storage space for windows updates, not able to install the anniversary update etc on the 32 gb internal storage (only 7gb left).

This is surprisingly a great mini PC and would be a shame if storage space prevented it from updates etc.

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
We're testing alternative ways to get the large update installed. Regarding switching to a different storage medium to boot from, I'll ask them to look into this at the same time.

Fritz-69

May 28, 2016
Thanks for the info.

I already have enabled all apps, downloads etc to go straight to my D:\ drive to save a bit of space on c:\

I've had a look in the BIOS, but cant see an option to boot from an alternative drive. I was looking at migration software of the OS, but without being able to boot from my Internal HDD, is pointless.

Tinderbox (UK)

Aug 11, 2017
If you disable the onboard 32GB in the bios, when you do a Windows 10 setup, it will detect you internal 2.5" drive and install, I managed to get all the drivers to install eventually but the 2.5" is only an USB device and the speed is limited to approx 28mb/s usb 2.0 and Window consider the OS drive as an removable device and warns you not to unplug it.

Does anybody know how to boot in 720p hdmi mode, as it auto detects my 1080p tv and sets the resolution at 1080p which is a bit too high and makes the computer slow, In the Windows Intel video driver you can select 720p but all it does is make a 720p windows in the middle of the 1080p one, you can stretch the 720p to 1080p but it defeats the point and does not make Windows and faster.

I have checked all the way though the UEFI bios and cannot see any hdmi settings.

John.

8bitDev

Jul 2, 2015
If you disable the onboard 32GB in the bios, when you do a Windows 10 setup, it will detect you internal 2.5" drive and install, I managed to get all the drivers to install eventually but the 2.5" is only an USB device and the speed is limited to approx 28mb/s usb 2.0 and Window consider the OS drive as an removable device and warns you not to unplug it.

Does anybody know how to boot in 720p hdmi mode, as it auto detects my 1080p tv and sets the resolution at 1080p which is a bit too high and makes the computer slow, In the Windows Intel video driver you can select 720p but all it does is make a 720p windows in the middle of the 1080p one, you can stretch the 720p to 1080p but it defeats the point and does not make Windows and faster.

I have checked all the way though the UEFI bios and cannot see any hdmi settings.

John.
Hi

So basically scaling should not be done on this matter.This case as you explain it would occur inside of an app,but not inside an operating system itself.Can you tell me once set to 720p and scaled if you can notice if desktop icons get larger.If so this would mean that scaling had been performed with success,same goes with the menu options .

Otherwise you can see to change your TV screen settings and set them up to 72op.

Can you tell us more performance vise issue that occur so we could assist you further?

Regards