Iamguyster

Feb 26, 2015
Hi,

I have just got a new iMXQPro Mini, which came packaged with a remote, which, if I'm honest is absolutely dreadful. It's painful and slow to use and had me raging withing five minutes.

So, I'm looking for another option. First of all, maybe an android app I could run on my phone that would give me keyboard and air mouse functionality The second option, is I have an old remote from my previous droid box. It's what I think might be a CIP remote, with coloured buttons along the bottom and a keyboard on the back. This has always been brilliant to use and I'd love to use it again. However, I see mention of a dongle to pair it with the droid box. It's been many years since I bought my first box and this remote and don't remember a dongle. Is there a way I could pair this remote with my new box?

Thanks for any help
Guy

Dave C

Staff member
Marketing
Sep 1, 2015
London
www.droix.co.uk
There are a few apps on the Google Play Store that will let you use your phone as a remote.

If the old remote mentioned it needed a dongle then it would likely be a wireless receiver and it would need it to work as it probably doesnt use IR.

You can use a bluetooth mouse/keyboard, or even a wired one if you have one spare.

Or you can buy a new remote with additional features like a mini keyboard and air mouse at https://droidbox.co.uk/accessories.html

Iamguyster

Feb 26, 2015
I assume my old remote used IR as I have never had a dongle in my old box and it's always worked. I wonder if there's something I can do there.

I've had a look at the droidbox guide for a remote app set up and have downloaded the app but the interface in the video shows an option to enable remotes whereas my droidbox doesn't have the option anywhere...I've searched :(

I also tried another app but it didn't seem to be able to detect the box.

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Look in settings. Certainly in android 5 there is a section titled "remote & accessories" with an option to set remote on or off (default is off).
Hopefully it is what you need.

Iamguyster

Feb 26, 2015
Sadly, the droidbox I received has Android 7.1.2 on it and I have searched and searched and can't find any remote settings.

What's making it worse, is I'm having to search with the abomination of a default remote I was sent with the box so I'm constantly screaming at the TV :D

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
I'm not familiar with android 7 so can't help much further other than strongly recommend you do what virtually everyone else does and ditch the generic crappo stock remote all these boxes come with.
I have the vip airmouse. Its cheap enough and will stop all that screaming.