Nathan Seery

Mar 22, 2021
Hi

Great bit of kit. Works well when turned on. Very quick and responsive. Does what I need it to do, streaming, PLEX and set up with a webcam for family Skype/Zoom. So functionality wise this is a great bit of kit.

The problem I have is that the HDMI stream drops after some time (not sure how long).
So when I first power on the box it works fine.
When I come back to use the box at a later time, could be later in the day, could be the next day, the TV detects that there is a device connected to the HDMI port, but the box isn't pushing any signal other than black screen (screen off???).
I can't seem to wake up the box, doesn't matter what I press on the air mouse.
So I end up hard power cycling the box (pulling out the power cable and plugging it back in) to get it to display on the TV again.
I've tried using apps that keep the screen alive and/or force wakelocks, and I have set the screen to be always on in the settings on the BOX.
I've tried all sorts of CEC settings, nothing seems to make a difference, so I've turned off CEC on both the TV and the box.
I'm up to date on firmware for the box.
The TV is an LG-40UF770V and the firmware is up to date on that too.

Happy to hack the build.prop or whatever is needed to disagnose and fix.
It's a while since I've tweaked an Android device at that level but I'm certainly not averse or afraid of doing that if you think it might help.

Any advice much appreciated.