les5335

Dec 27, 2016
Hi,
I have the DroidBOX T8 mini, and have issues with all external devices. It won't recognise any SD card, whether it's formatted fat32 or NTFS. I've tried sizes from 256 Mb up to 128 Gb and nothing.
Also, when I insert a USB drive, the box says to format it which I do. The drive then shows up in File Manager, but after about 10 seconds I get a message saying USB drive not connected. This happens with various USB sticks from 4Gb up to 256Gb an fat32 and NTFS, also on USB hard drives. I've done a factory reset as I was getting a Lighthome error (which is the default launcher) but it hasn't helped. Do you think my box is faulty? I hope not as it's out of warranty. Thanks in advance.

Dave C

Staff member
Marketing
Sep 1, 2015
London
www.droix.co.uk
Can you try uninstalling ES File Explorer if it is installed. To do this, click on the circle with six dots inside, navigate to ES File Explorer and press and hold the OK button on your remote. A popup will prompt you to uninstall it. Try the SD card and USB drives again, and format them again if necessary on the device.