Fritz-69

May 28, 2016
Ive just ordered a T11 after looking on the DroidBOX main site.

I already have two T8-S models, but want to see what the win10 box is like. However after looking at the model options, i cant see what the difference is between the T11 & W8 Pro besides the case.

Any adive would be appreciated as i am missing something someware.

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
I've not got a W8 Pro to hand to check, but the T11 can have a 2.5" (laptop) hard drive installed inside the case, whereas the W8 Pro doesn't. T11 has an extra USB socket. Going from photos of the W8 Pro, I prefer the T11 case, however this would obviously be a personal thing.
If you're never likely to need storage space, the W8 Pro is slightly cheaper. If you have a fullsize desktop PC, check the space used on your C: drive. If it is a lot more than 32Gb, I'd go for the T11 as installing a hard drive would allow downloads, media collections to not take space away from your operating systems and applications.

Fritz-69

May 28, 2016
Thanks for that. I'm waiting for delivery of the T11 presently. Should arrive tomorrow, and I've already ordered a 1Tb 2.5" SATA hdd to put in it.

I just couldn't see the difference between the two models.

Thanks for the clarification.

By the way, is the 2gb memory upgradeable on the T11, or is it hard wired on the motherboard?

Reactions: ChrisM

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
T11 - as it isn't mentioned as being upgradeable, I'd assume soldered in. If you're handy with a soldering iron and soldering tiny connections & don't mind losing the warranty, could possibly replace the 2Gb stick with a larger one, but not sure of the maximum the motherboard can address. I've taken the cover off mine again to have a look around, but that only allows access to the recessed hard drive area. I think I remember a hardware report tool mentioning that there was one socket (obviously populated by one 2Gb stick) on the board.

Reactions: Sal