JohnN

Nov 20, 2019
Just got a new GPD Micro PC running Windows 10. All is running well and it is updated to the latest Windows 10 after the usual stop and reboots.

One problem is that the Keycaps don’t match the Keys sent when using a UK Keyboard selection.

ie To send a backslash - I have to use Ctrl+Alt + Backslash - this is not too bad but the adjacent labelled forward slash key only needs typing and the shift plus forward give a ? symbol .

Worse is that to send the @ symbol shift + “ must be used. The expected Shift 2 gives the quote symbol “

Single key swaps can be done via the registry with utilities but I think it needs a keyboard driver of some kind to handle compound swaps get @ and \.

Is there a Bios update / Registry Patch / Keyboard driver which will put this right ?

Dave C

Staff member
Marketing
Sep 1, 2015
London
www.droix.co.uk
By default the keyboard is setup to be used on US keyboard layout so a few keys are swapped around. There is no update etc to get around this so you would need to edit the registry to change what you want them to be.

JohnN

Nov 20, 2019
Thanks. I have reset the W10 to use a US ( non-international ) Keyboard and things are sort of OK. No Pound sign , but I rarely need it.

It was a curious design choice to make the RS232 have male - with pins as this is more vulnerable to damage.

I was pleasantly surprised how well it quoted with real time FFT as needed for digital signature processing ( WSJT-X for amateur radio )

john