SkyAce

Jan 22, 2017
Utah
The air mouse function is not very accurate. I will start pointing at the screen but eventually I am pointing behind me to make it work. Also when I flip it over to use the keyboard I sometimes have to push the button multiple for it to recognize it and sometimes it doesn't recognize it. It also seems like unless I am real close to the box the remote doesn't even respond. How close do you have to be for it to work?

SkyAce

Jan 22, 2017
Utah
Thanks for the response, but looking at the video, it is for a different remote and it says push buttons that are not on the VIP Plus remote. Any other suggestions?

BANDIT

Jun 28, 2016
Code:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/rv7/JUSTOP-F20-Wireless-Keyboard-Leaning-Feature-Android/B00EPE4A08/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1485255230&sr=8-1&keywords=air+mouse+justop

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Sorry we missed this thread @SkyAce . With regard to multiple button pushes being required, does this happen if you (temporarily) use the remote control closer to the USB dongle? If so, it might be worth checking if there is anything around the DroidBOX and dongle that could be blocking the signal.

In terms of needing to be orientated to a different direction to move the cursor, can you try rotating in the OPPOSITE direction, keep going past the point where the on screen cursor has reached the other side of the screen.
So if you find yourself pointing at a wall on your right to get the cursor in the middle of the screen, swing your arm and remote round to the left, once the cursor on screen is on the far left, move the remote round more still. The movement of the remote is relative to it's starting position, rather than where the dongle is located.