Stenen

Apr 3, 2015
I have an optical fiber line to my house. The speed is guaranteed to 40 MB. When I measure today I have 53 MB up and down.
BUT when I switch on my X7 box and connect it to the TV the line speed drops to 4 MB down and 34 MB up and no channels can be watched.
How come? Can it be some problem with the box or........?
When I start my computer the high speed is not affected.
Please help out

Bollocks77

Aug 24, 2016
Sorry I cant help you on this but who is your provider? 53MB upload is excellent and even 34MB upload is excellent. Im on 100MB Download and pushing 6mb Upload.

Attachments

• IMG_0234.JPG
    IMG_0234.JPG
    303.3 KB · Views: 190
Last edited:

Stenen

Apr 3, 2015
Well, I am on Spanish south coast, Costa del Sol and we have Olivenet as provider. They use to be OK.
My question is for a new installation out in a small village. We have an air borned optical cable. I really can not understand if the optical signal can be that fragil that a Droid box can affect the signal strenght!

8bitDev

Jul 2, 2015
Well, I am on Spanish south coast, Costa del Sol and we have Olivenet as provider. They use to be OK.
My question is for a new installation out in a small village. We have an air borned optical cable. I really can not understand if the optical signal can be that fragil that a Droid box can affect the signal strenght!
Signal becomes fragile when you have more than 1 device connected to the network.If you are using network on the other devices for downloading/streaming it is normal that you can not bring full speed for second device connected,because you do not get your network speed per device,you get it overall and it is on you as a user to manage your devices,their user share of internet speed and how much it is used per device.

Regards

Bollocks77

Aug 24, 2016
Hi 8bitDev - I have great speed to my T8 Mini via Ethernet. But I also have two x box 1 devices constantly on with the kids using them. Are you saying then that it might be best to manage them? if so can you offer any advice coz I would also love to know if they can be manage so I get the best to my box - after all I am paying the bills!!!!!!!!
Dave

Stenen

Apr 3, 2015
Hi 8bitDev.
Yes I buy what you say but will try to explain my case a little bit more.
House 1: Here I have a 40 MB optical line. I connect Droid X7 and play a movi + I connect a laptop and play a TV-show,+ an Internetradio is playing +I connect laptop 2 and measure speed to 37 MB Down and 42 MB up. (All is connected Wifi) The speed here I think is all OK. With only lap-top for measuring I have 47 up and down.
House 2: Here I have same provider and a 40 MB optical line. I measure with only lap-top connectd (Wifi) and have 53 up and 53 down = very good. Now I connect Droid X7 and HDMI to TV and stream a TV program. Speed drops now to 4,3 MB Down and 34 Up!!!
To me it looks very strange, How come it loads that much? Something wrong with the X7?

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
The wifi on these types of machines is not brilliant and distance from the router and possible interference on wifi channels are often factors. My advice would ne to connect via an ethernet cable if you can. My main box is direct ethernet. "Spare" box is wifi to a wifi extender then ethernet to box.

Stenen

Apr 3, 2015
Hi everybody, This has been a very interesting diskussion for me. Now we have decided that the Internet provider will in the coming days install an ethernet cable to my X7 and TV corner. I am looking forward and crossing my thumbs this will solve the problem.
Thanks to all of you who has been engaged in my case.
Have a nice week

Stenen

Apr 3, 2015
I have an additional question. I now have an ethernet cable installed between the Droid X7 and my Modem and it looks like I have to make some kind of installation to make it run. Does anyone know the step-by-step formula I have to do to make it running?

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Go into android settings. What you see depends on the version of android you have. There should be some network related settings. Go into them and click on anything that looks like it will enable Ethernet (and disable wifi).
That should be it. No need to enter any passwords or anything.